Each year the Pushcart Prize anthology aims to collect, as its subtitle proclaims, “the best of the small presses.” To that end, the Pushcart editors accept nominations of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction from literary journals and magazines across the country. As we did last year, Ink & Letters has looked back with great appreciation at all the writing we published in our 2017 issues, themed “In Black & White” and “Transition.” While it’s extremely difficult to make these selections, we’re pleased to highlight the work of six writers we’ve nominated for recognition in the Pushcart anthology:
- “Double Check” by Claire Dixon (poem, issue 5)
- “The Turn” by Devon Miller-Duggan (poem, issue 6)
- “Marriage Poem: Pentecost” by Dave Harrity (poem, issue 6)
- “Exposure” by Jamie A. Hughes (essay, issue 5)
- “Creature of the Dark” by Markus Egeler Jones (story, issue 5)
- “Arriving at Night” by Jane Hertenstein (story, issue 6)
We’re grateful to these individuals, along with all the other talented writers and artists who’ve allowed Ink & Letters to usher their work into the world.